The FlexiShot™ is a unique high accuracy electronic surveying instrument designed to meet the major demands of wellbore data acquisition. The system is modular in design and can be used in either Single-Shot (SLX) or Multishot (EMS) mode with any conventional type of non-magnetic running gear (including PeeWee) for the purpose of taking surveys or making orientations.
The FlexiShot Electronic Multi-Shot Tool (EMS) cost-effectively provides high accuracy, definitive survey information before the well is cased, in time to make any directional course corrections. The system is modular in design and can be used in either magnetic single-shot or multi-shot compass or electronic drift indicator (TOTCO replacement). The FlexiShot EMS can be readily connected to any Windows-compatible computer. Using our Drillog™ survey and graphics software, survey output formats can be customized by the user. The FlexiShot EMS can also be used in conjunction with a handheld computer when a PC is not required.
FlexiShot EMS Advantages:
- Low-cost alternative to existing systems
- Compatible with existing systems (including all running gear)
- High reliability and reduced operating costs through the use of established sensor technology and service policy
- Superior performance due to sensors and calibration
- Modular hardware and software for ease of use and flexibility
- Small size for slimhole and short radius applications
- High temperature capability (can also be used with low cost thermal shields)
- Built-in, system-level QA checking features and troubleshooting
The SLX range of tools is a unique high accuracy electronic single-shot or multi-shot surveying instrument designed to meet all major demands of wellbore data acquisition. The system is modular in design and can be used in either magnetic single-shot or multi-shot compass or electronic drift indicator (TOTCO replacement) with any conventional type of non-magnetic running gear (including PeeWee) for the purpose of taking surveys or making orientations. The user can select to use either the onboard monel and motion sensor mode or timer for surveys.
FlexiShot SLX Advantages:
- No need for photographic film, eliminating operator error
- High accuracy due to solid state sensor digital technology
- Reduced misruns due to advanced built-in monel and motion sensor
- Easy to use, can be used with or without a computer (on board display)
- Small size: 1 3/4" OD with thermal shield
- Cost savings: low-cost rental and reduced rig time
FlexiShot Service Applications:
- Electronic single-shot and multi-shot surveys
- TOTCO replacement inclination only surveys
- Real time wireline steering and orientation
- Core orientation