The Gyroflex™ Navigator instrument provides the ultimate in “gyro-flexibility”. This state-of-the-art, field-proven northseeking rate gyro instrument has a modular construction to provide flexibility of operations. This construction enables the tool to be used for many different gyro service applications including surface readout, memory, drop, and continuous survey modes.
The Gyroflex uses the latest dynamically tuned gyro technology to measure the earth’s rotation rate to gyrocompass, which combined with angular data from accelerometers can provide highly accurate wellbore directional surveys in a range of operating conditions.
The Gyroflex is also one of the smallest diameter tools available on the market, enabling it to be supplied in a high pressure 1.75” thermal shield configuration, enabling it to be used in any wellbore survey application and at any temperature, and making it the most flexible tool on the market today.
The Gyroflex system consists of an instrument that can run on either an electric wireline connected to a surface power supply and PC, in memory mode on slick/braided line, or in freefall drop mode. Optional remote rig floor readouts are available for display of survey and drilling information as required. Under normal circumstances, the Gyroflex tool is run in a 1.75” pressure case/thermal shield to maintain temperature stability.
The Gyroflex system is field proven to be highly reliable and the smallest northseeking rate gyro available. This eliminates the need for sighting, while providing high accuracy in a small size (1.75” inside the combined pressure case/thermal shield). The systems also have a modular design for application flexibility in use.
Advanced software calibration techniques and an easy-to-use Drillog™ application software interface combine to make the Gyroflex system one of the most accurate and flexible in the market today.
- Range of northseeking survey instruments have been field proven to be highly reliable: in service operations for over 10 years
- High accuracy northseeking survey performance in a high pressure, high temperature 1.75” diameter form factor, unlike most other comparable northseeking gyro systems
- Modular product, which enables the instrument to run in all commonly used survey operating modes to offer application flexibility
- Wireline mode: orientation/survey mode with real time surface readout
- Memory mode: battery powered single, multi-shot, drop surveys
- Continuous mode: wireline powered continuous surveys to horizontal
- Can provide continuous all-angle surveys
- Advanced software calibration techniques, which means no on-site calibration is required and minimizes time on location, without compromising survey quality
- Drillog surface software is highly flexible and can be customized to suit individual customer needs, as well as providing on-site and in-hole calibration and QA capabilities