Building on our expertise with Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) in borehole applications, this system utilizes Inertial System technology coupled with advanced solid state sensors to provide a new level of system performance and flexibility. The IS2 represents the world’s smallest commercial high accuracy inertial system. Unlike conventional northseeking gyro systems, IS2 does not have to stop to perform a northseek, as it continuously measures the earth’s rate, while continuously surveying at speeds of up to 600 feet per minute. The system can also be run in freefall drop mode. Unlike all other systems available today, the IS2 can obtain an inertial inrun survey, without the need to stop the tool, as well as the conventional outrun survey. This represents a significant step in quality assurance of drop surveys. Its rugged design also enables the tool to be used in seated gyro steering applications.
- High speed, high accuracy all angle continuous survey capability
- All attitude measurement capability
- One flexible system: multi-shot, steering and drop/memory surveys are conducted using the same probe meaning greater flexibility, availability and reliability
- On-board advanced data processing algorithms correct for drift in real time; all raw data saved in downhole memory for post processing optimal error estimation
- Both inrun and outrun are measured with each survey: because IS2 is a truly continuous system, this can be achieved without any productivity sacrifice providing effective quality control immediately after every survey
- The IS2 can be uniquely calibrated during every survey, thus ensuring maximum tool performance and certification for every survey; regular factory calibration is not required
- Highly reliable and tough: the IS2 has been designed to withstand both high temperatures and high levels of shock with the use of advanced proprietary solid state sensors